data.ai has published a report on the state of the mobile games market in the first quarter of 2023. Here is some data on player spending, installs, as well as the highest-grossing and most downloaded titles.
- According to data.ai, mobile users spent $1.63 billion in games per week during the first three months of 2023. This is almost on par with the same period last year, but up 28% from Q1 2020 (before the pandemic-driven growth).
- Players also generated 1.2 billion downloads every week during the first quarter of 2023. Unfortunately, data.ai didn’t disclose the year-over-year or quarter-on-quarter change.
- SYBO’s endless runner Subway Surfers and Garena’s battle royale shooter Free Fire remained the top two most downloaded titles on mobile.
- King’s match-3 hit Candy Crush Saga managed to climb three spots from the previous quarter to 3rd place, followed by Roblox and Gametion’s Ludo King.
- Attack Hole, a hypercasual title from Homa Games, was the only new game to make the top 10 by downloads.
- Playrix’s Gardenscapes and Football League 2023 showed the biggest leaps, climbing 40 and 47 spots respectively.
- When it comes to the highest-grossing games of Q1 2023, the top six spots are unchanged from the previous quarter and still occupied by Tencent’s Honor of Kings, Candy Crush Saga, and miHoYo’s Genshin Impact.
- Gardenscapes and Cygames’ Uma Musume Pretty Derby broke into the top 10, climbing 8 and 16 places respectively.
More insights, including data on the broader mobile app market, can be found in the full report.