Harry Potter: Magic Awakened, a mobile card game based on the world-famous IP, has been a huge success in China. Let’s take a look at the metrics for the global version launched on June 27.
Note: The global version of Harry Potter: Magic Awakened is published by two companies. Chinese tech giant NetEase operates the game in the MENA region and Asia (14 countries), and Warner Bros. Games is responsible for the Western regions (41 countries). So all the data in this article is combined metrics for the two versions released on June 27 and doesn’t include the separate Chinese version of Magic Awakened (also published by NetEase).
- According to AppMagic, the global version of Harry Potter: Magic Awakened generated $2.33 million in IAP revenue (reduced by platform fees and inclusive taxes) on iOS and Android from June 27 to July 3.
- Japan is the number one country by revenue with $972k, or 41.6%. It is followed by the US (25.5%), South Korea (8.4%), France (3.6%), and Germany (2.8%).
Harry Potter: Magic Awakened revenue from June 27 to July 3, according to AppMagic
- Harry Potter: Magic Awakened reached over 3.75 million downloads in the first seven days since its global launch.
- The US is the leader by downloads with 656k installs, or 17.4% of the total number. It is followed by Japan (15.3%), Brazil (9.3%), Thailand (8.2%), and France (4.7%).
Harry Potter: Magic Awakened downloads from June 27 to July 3, according to AppMagic
- In its first week, the NetEase-published version of the game reached $1.31 million, while Warner Bros. Games’ version generated just over $1 million. The latter also accounts for 64% of total downloads.
- For comparison, the Chinese version of Harry Potter: Magic Awakened reached over $22.7 million in IAP revenue in the first seven days since its launch in September 2021.
- Last year, it became the second highest-grossing mobile game based on the Harry Potter IP with $358 million in total player spending. According to Sensor Tower, Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery remains at the top spot with over $400 million in lifetime revenue (as of October 2022).