Midnight Ghost Hunt, a multiplayer title by indie studio Vaulted Sky Games, has reached a new milestone following its launch on the Epic Games Store. The team also shared a roadmap outlining the project’s future.
Vaulted Sky made the announcement on Midnight Ghost Hunt’s official website. The game has already surpassed 1 million players since launching on the Epic Games Store on June 1.
“This is a remarkable achievement that fills us with gratitude and excitement for what’s next,” the studio wrote, also revealing the list of upcoming features such as full controller support and HUD/UI improvements.
It is worth noting that Midnight Ghost Hunt was free to claim on the EGS from June 1 to June 8, so it is unclear how many copies have been actually sold. The game is also available on Steam, where it came out in Early Access on March 31, 2022. Shortly after its EA launch, it peaked at 4,987 concurrent players (via SteamDB).
Who are Vaulted Sky Games?
- Founded in 2018 by former VFX artist Samuel Malone, Vaulted Sky Games describe themselves as an indie studio with a love for multiplayer.
- “We think the very best gaming experiences can be derived from engaging with others all around the world, connecting and sharing in our favorite form of escapism,” the studio says. “We also intend to prove that compelling games can be created by a small team that can quickly adapt and incorporate new ideas as they arrive.”
- In 2019, Vault Sky partnered with Embracer Group’s publishing subsidiary Coffee Stain. The latter is known for titles like Deep Rock Galactic, Valheim, and Satisfactory.
- The team’s debut project, Midnight Ghost Hunt, is a 4v4 multiplayer game where ghost hunters and actual ghosts play a game of hide-and-seek.
- In 2021, Coffee Stain helped Valut Sky get support from two other studios, Ernst & Borg Studio (environmental design) and She Was Such a Good Horse (production, assets, animation, etc.), to ship Midnight Ghost Hunt.